Career tests come in many forms. Find out which type of test, quiz or survey is right for you!
There are many types of career tests. Every type of test, quiz or survey will be helpful to some, but not to all. Knowing what you want out of a test is very important. Do you want a list of occupations you might enjoy doing? Do you want to find employment you are good at? Do you want to know how you would fit in at a job? Once you have thought about what you want, you can consider the different types of career tests and choose a quiz or survey that will tell you what you want to know.
Career tests come in three main types. Choosing the right type of test, quiz or survey is very important.
Interest based Career Tests:
- Take an interest based quiz or survey to find out what kinds of work you would like to do
- These assessments measure your interests
- They match your interests to a database of occupations
- The results are a summary of jobs you might like based on your interests
Personality based Career Tests:
- Take a personality-based quiz or survey to find out how you like to work
- These assessments measure your behaviors, characteristics and emotional makeup
- They match your answers to various personality types
- The results are a summary of occupations others with your personality type have succeeded at
Aptitude based Career Tests:
- Take an aptitude quiz or survey to find out what kinds of work you are good at
- These assessments measure your current skills and abilities
- They match your abilities to job requirements
- The results are a summary of jobs you might be good at based on your skills
Many experts say that it’s best to take a variety of career tests to get a better, more full picture of yourself. As you can see, no single type of quiz or survey can give you all the answers you might be looking for. If you take multiple tests of different kinds, you learn more and narrow your search. The final answer is up to you; there is no assessment that can tell you what kind of employment will be best for you.
For more information on related products and services, please choose from the following menu:
home | how to write a
resume | resume samples | job search engines | head hunters | stay at home jobs | career aptitude test